This morning we hopped on a bus to Santa Faz, the place
where our cache with the stations of the cross ended. We didn't want to walk
the 10 km to get there since our aim was to do a trail on a small mountain
behind the city. From the bus stop it was only 1.6 km to the start of the
trail, a lot better than 10 km. There was a lot of uphill, but it was easy
climbing because there were trails going all around the mountain. We found 9 of the 11 caches on the trail. One
looked too dangerous to go for and the other we would probably had found had we
known that "calgoda" meant hanging. I thought it meant cavern. Go
figure, shows what little I know of Spanish.
The views from the top were good but I'm a bit afraid of
heights so didn't linger long close to the edge, there were no fences or
railing. It was really hot, and I think that I burnt a bit on the arms.
We arrived back early enough to go to the grocery store and
then a quick supper before going back to the store where Jacques had bought his
SIM card for the phone. He is having trouble connecting.
No comments:
Post a Comment