Today we mostly replenished the cupboard. After doing a load
of laundry and climbing to the roof to hang the clothes, we walked to the
central market. Jacques had run out of Serrano ham again so another lb of that
along with a lb of Gouda cheese for starters. I couldn't believe it when he
said 8 euros. The piece of cheese is huge. Then we bought eggs, wild mushrooms
for a risotto and a couple of empanadas for lunch.
After lunch it was time to refill the important stuff. A
case of beer, 4 bottles of wine, 6 liters of water, 2 baguettes, sliced bread,
arborio rice, 6 pkg of paella seasoning and 2 small tarts for desert. All that
for 26 euros or 40 dollars. That's the price of 3 cheap bottles of wine at home
on a good day.
We finished the day by walking along the waterfront again.
I'm not sure that I could find my way home alone yet because we never take the
same streets. Today one of the streets that we took had sculptures of
mushrooms. I'm not sure but I'm starting to wonder if Jacques is doing it on
purpose just to confuse me.
 |
| Large mushrooms in the street. |
 |
| Large sign at the beach indicating air and water temperature. |
Nice that you can buy so much good food and drinks for that price. Lucky you. Will be a shock when you go back to IGA or Sobeys..
ReplyDeleteRollande, I can so relate to getting all turned around. Jacques and Andre must have some sort of conspiracy, never take the same way home twice, and we are on a small island! I told him today from now on I always either want to stay on an Island like this, or a walled city like Lucca
ReplyDeleteNice! You could eat quite well and not break the bank over there.
ReplyDelete