Well I figured out why for the last week or so my left leg,
left hip and left foot were sore. My sneaker is coming apart at the heel. This
is the 1st time that I didn't
bring a spare pair of shoes. I hope it lasts until we get home because I order
them through my orthopedist. None my width in Moncton. So not knowing where to go here it would be
hard to find a new pair.
After tossing and turning all night (heavy supper) I washed
the bed linens before heading down to the waterfront. We wanted to go see a replica of an old
Spanish gallon that is a museum at the port. We couldn't find a way to get
there. All the gates were closed. So, we did what all the Spaniards seem to be
doing. We strolled along the avenue to the beach.
At one point, we passed through the old square where there were a number of vintage cars on display. Some of them were the big cars of the 60's and 70's. I would not want to try to drive one is these narrow streets, let alone try to park one.
Afterwards we went up and down streets trying to find a
store that we had been into our first week here that sold ceramic number tiles.
Again, it was a failure. We walked up and down and sideways in the area we
thought the store was in, but we couldn't find it. So, we stopped for a beer
and tapa before heading back to the apartment.
It was not a very productive day but a relaxing day. At our age we need
that once in a while.
![]() |
| As close as we could get. |
![]() |
| Only 20 today. Not as many people on the beach as last Sunday when it was 28. |
![]() |
| Would not want to try to park one of these in Alicante. |
![]() |
| I wonder what's on her mind. |












So funny about your shoes, Wendys are about to blow out, both shoes on the soles. Just checked our phones, we have walked 375km so far since we have been here, and we still 3.5 weeks to go, her shoes will not make it! So hoping to find some decent sneakers that don't cost too many Euros, but at least she has a common shoe size.
ReplyDelete