Some people had been having problems posting comments on our blog. To post a comment, choose “No Comment” at the bottom left of the page. This will open a text box. You can proceed to type in your comment in this box and once you are done, select “Publish” to post it.

March 23 - Albufeira - Tidbits on a rainy day



Today it's raining so I'm passing the time on my tablet while waiting for it to stop. It's supposed to clear in the early afternoon.  I read that Moncton received another 30 cm of snow. I guess we chose our dates well after all. This is the 4th snowstorm since we left.

I don't know where we will go next year but I 'm going to be looking for a place less hilly than Albuferia.  To give you an idea of the hills here: To go to one of the grocery stores and back is about 6,400 steps and 27 flights of stairs. To go to the other grocery store it is about 6,300 steps and 27 flights of steps. The hills are getting easier to do but my heart is still pounding by the time we have reached our 3rd floor apartment. 😊

We learned that the locals look at the men's feet to determine if they are Canadian or British.  The Canadians go bare feet in their sandals while the British wear socks with their sandals. We look at the way they hold their utensils while they eat to determine if they are Europeans or north Americans. (The Europeans hold their knife and fork in the opposite side from us and they don't put their other hand on their lap.)

Well the weather seems to be clearing a bit, so I will stop my reminiscing and get ready to go out for a stroll. 😁