Some people had been having problems posting comments on our blog. To post a comment, choose “No Comment” at the bottom left of the page. This will open a text box. You can proceed to type in your comment in this box and once you are done, select “Publish” to post it.

March 4 - Quiet day.

Today was quiet. A couple of days ago I didn’t feel well, and we figured that it must have been something I ate and left it at that since the next day I was back to normal, but it must have been something that’s going around because this morning it was Jacques' turn to be sick.

Since I don’t have much of a sense of direction, never knowing if I should turn left or right when I come out of a building I didn’t venture far on my own. I do know my way to 4 or 5 nearby grocery stores, so I went to all of them to pass the time. I didn’t buy much except soup, bananas, and bread. On the way to the furthest one, I was even able to help 4 ladies from Toulouse, France who couldn’t find the street that their apartment was on. I found it on google for them along with directions to get there and then they were able to find it on their paper map. They were about 5 minutes away. It was almost like the blind leading the blind.

One of the things I was looking for was the vermouth that they serve in the bars here. It is not like the vermouth that we know but more like a fortified wine. I found some at the big mercado but the most expensive was only 3 euro 50 so not sure that’s what I was looking for. The guy who works behind the fish counter insists it’s good. I nevertheless continued my search at Cortes Ingles where their cheapest is 8 euros going all the way up to 25 euros. So obviously not all vermouths are equal.

With all my back and forth to the stores and the apartment between each trip I managed to rack up13,000 steps or 8 km so not a bad day. It rained for about a half hour this morning and then we had sunshine the rest of the day.  

1 comment:

  1. lol. I suspect the 4 ladies from Toulouse with their paper maps were 65+ years old!

    ReplyDelete