Today was kind of quiet. I was not feeling well last night so I decided to take it easy today. While I stayed in the apartment Jacques went to the Triana market for olives and more of his pork candy. And surprise another cache. I spent most of my time reading except for washing the floors.
He came back around noon and after a while we went out for a stroll. We saw two weddings, one at the church of the Jesus del Grand Poder and another at the basilica of the Macarena. Both weddings had fancy cars waiting for the newlywed couples. Weddings seem to be a bit different from home. Everybody was dressed formal, with the men in suits and ladies in long dresses. You don’t see many long dresses anymore at home. We are surprised by how many women wear fur stoles. I thought with animal rights etc, that it was a thing of the past. We watched the bride and groom walk out of the basilica. People, I think it was only men but not certain were lined up and had long tubes to make a tunnel for the couple to walk under. I think the tubes contained confetti because as the couple walked there were bangs and confetti everywhere.
On the way back we stopped for lunch. Jacques had a plate of pork cheeks, and I had a spinach salad with avocado, yummy cheese and nuts. It was delicious.
After returning to the apartment, I read some more while Jacques went for another cache or two. I only had 5,000 steps while Jacques had over 21,000 steps today.






Lucky you to see 2 wedding and for Jacques for more pork candy
ReplyDelete