Some people had been having problems posting comments on our blog. To post a comment, choose “No Comment” at the bottom left of the page. This will open a text box. You can proceed to type in your comment in this box and once you are done, select “Publish” to post it.

March 10 - Odette's first full day


We started our day together by going with Odette to buy a metro card like we have. She bought the one that includes the airport. After she had purchased her card we headed for the square where she got to see Hadrian's library. We walked all around looking through the fence and continued to the towers of the winds.


We had lunch at a restaurant that we had seen on trip advisor. We had the gyros which were amazing. They had a smoky flavor and came with a tomato sauce which was different from all the other gyros we'd had so far. It was definitely a do again especially at 2.70 a piece.


We ended at the central market towards the end of the day to buy shrimps for supper along with strawberries, lemon, olives, bananas and avocado.


After a break at the apartment Odette and I went to buy coffee. We found the place after just a couple of wrong turns. I have decided that if something ever happens to Jacques I will have to stay at home because I could never find my way back. I could be wandering around for days possibly longer and still never find my way back to wherever I was staying.


We finished our day by again going up Philopappos Hill to watch the sunset. It was not as good as the other night but was nice just the same. Instead of coming back our regular route we came back via the pedestrian street going to the Acropolis where there was a street musician playing Leonard Cohen's song "hallelujah ". We sat and listened to him for a couple of songs and then we hopped on the metro to come back.




1 comment:

  1. What? THe metro to go home? So surprised to hear you got a little twisted finding your way around ROllande, NOT

    ReplyDelete