The laundry from yesterday morning was not dry yet but by tonight it was. By the time I figure the washing machine it will be time to go move on to another place. I finally have the time and temperature right; I need to figure out how many spins I need. I thought that 400 sounded good but the clothes were no where near as dry as when Jeanne our host did it for me. I will try 800 next time or maybe even go as high as 1,200 depending on when I do the last load before we go visit our friends for 4 days.
Our time here is getting shorter, but we have seen and done most of what we wanted to do so now we are concentrating on going to areas in the city that we haven’t gone yet. This morning, we went to the market to get supplies for supper and while there we decided to try the oyster from the region. They were ok but not as sweet as the ones home even though they were bigger.
On
the way out, 2 students asked if they could interview us for a school or
university project. We were in no hurry, so we said yes.
The questions were mostly about how much meat we eat. It must have been an environmental project because the questions were a bit geared on the impact of red meat on the environment.
This
afternoon, we decided to go to Auchon for some chocolate. The last time we were
in Europe I had found some Lindt chocolate that had lemon and ginger so I
wanted to see if we could find some. First, we took the tram to another end of
Bordeaux towards the stadium. We found a half dozen caches including a few
puzzle caches that Jacques had decoded before coming here.
After finding my chocolate bars and a bottle of wine to go with supper we headed back walking the 1.5km back to the apartment. Auchan is like a high-end Walmart with groceries and alcohol on the first floor and everything else on the top floor.

No comments:
Post a Comment