Some people had been having problems posting comments on our blog. To post a comment, choose “No Comment” at the bottom left of the page. This will open a text box. You can proceed to type in your comment in this box and once you are done, select “Publish” to post it.

February 15, 2026 - Quiet day in Bordeaux.

Today was a quiet day. Jacques slept in until 9:30. Something I have never seen him do before today. We had a late breakfast after our coffee and since he was still feeling a bit sluggish, I went out in the pouring rain thinking that I would be alone and could window shop unencumbered. Was I ever wrong. I guess the people of Bordeaux are not bothered by the rain. The square and street were full of people, all with an umbrella so it was not easy navigating. I spent about an hour and a half just looking around at the stores and reading the menus in the windows. Being Sunday, a lot of places were closed.

There was a bit of a lull in the rain around 1:30 so we went for another round of caching, which took us to la porte d’Aquitaine, and la Porte Bourgogne and le Musée d’Aquitaine. We passed through what we believe to be the Chinese quarter because the whole street had hanging Chinese lanterns and lots of Chinese restaurants. There is supposed to be a parade later this month in celebration of the Chinese New Year. We will plan on going. We finished our outing by visiting the Saint André cathedral next door to the city hall. When we came out of the cathedral it was raining hard again so we headed home to relax. 


La Grosse Cloche


Jaguar "hanging" through the wall of the Victor Hugo parking garage.


La Porte d'Aquitaine


Cathédrale Saint-André


Pey Berland Tower


Hôtel de Ville in the rain

Jacques was a bit disappointed in his mille feuilles which was more of a biscuit type bottom and middle rather than the flaky type. He said was very good but not the traditional one that he was looking for. I guess that we will keep looking. My chocolate fondant was incredibly yummy.



We went for another short walk around suppertime and came back to the apartment with each a kebab bowl for supper. It was delicious with lots of lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, pickled veggies, corn as well as other stuff that I have no idea what it was as well as quite a bit of meat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment