Today we took the metro to see how it works. They call
it the Transvia. It uses the same tickets as the bus. When we arrived, the
owners gave us a card with 6 trips on it. We use 1 card and swipe it twice. We
hopped off towards the other end of the city and walked back while geocaching.
Alicante does not seem to have many old buildings like
a lot of other Europeans cities, but we chose it because it has a lot of caches
to give us our motivation to go for our daily walk.
We are getting a mental workout as well as a physical
workout with the caches here. They are extremely well hidden and there are many
that we do not find. Some that we have found are a fake sprinkler, a fake big
rock, a fake electrical box, a fake sewer cover, one that you have to press tiny
white spot so that the log sheet will fall from an old CD drive and a fake
screw.
Sorry Adrienne, I know that I said that I would talk
less about food, but I can't help it. We stopped to eat in a cafeteria where
the red cross workers eat. It said that the public was welcome. For 7.50 euros
each we had a choice of appetizer, main course, drink, desert and coffee and of
course the ever-present bowl of fresh bread. They did not have paper menus, the
waitress rattled off the choices. She was very patient while I tried to
understand what the choices were. Even saying it again slower or changing the
words. We chose different things so that we could sample each other’s plates.
It was all good and evidently what the locals eat.
On the way back we figured we were on the outskirts of
the city since on one side of the street there were apartment buildings and on
the other side nothing but empty fields and hills.
 |
| Cream of vegetable soup |
 |
| Chicken soup with one large meatball |
 |
| Small garden in the middle on nowhere |
 |
| Fava beans on the left, artichokes on the right |
 |
| A view of the city |
 |
| Looking the other way |
 |
| Statue of Maria Auxiliadora (Mary help of Christians) |
I love the food stories, so don't listen to Adrienne and keep telling us stories. I had meal at fire stations before that were also very cheap and good.
ReplyDeleteThat must be in Portugal
Delete