Jacques added the way to put comments on the top of
the blog for those of you who asked how to do it. Thank you, André and Wendy.
We started the day by going to the central market. We
wanted some fish but most of the fish vendors were closed. After roaming about
in the market, we decided to go to the grocery store for our groceries. We will
go to the market once we figure out things more. There were lots of vegetables
at the market. A big cauliflower was 1 euro.
After the market we decided to do a bit of
geocaching. 17.5 km later we arrived
back home. We had liked the lemon chicken that we had eaten in Benalmadena so
much that I tried to make some for supper with the breaded chicken pieces that
we had bought. It was not the best meal that I ever cooked. I burned the garlic as well as the chicken
and the lemon juice that I added just made it mushy. The only good thing was
the lemon slices that I had cooked a bit. I will try again later. Hopefully
with better results.
There is a brand-new stove in the apartment. We are
the first ones to use it. The kitchen is well equipped with a dishwasher and
most everything that you need in a kitchen. Actually, this is one of the best apartments
that we have ever rented (apart from having to climb 3 flights of stairs but
that is normal for Europe). They had full bottles of shampoo, soap, pkg of
toilet paper, dish soap, and dishwasher tabs etc. And even a few spices.
Every second person in Alicante must have a dog,
unfortunately not many people clean up after their dog. I feel sorry for the
dogs. We're walking around in short sleeves and these dogs with fur coats have
an extra sweater on them. They must be hot.
I'm finally reading your blog after Wendy reminded me that you had one started one. I was still waiting for an email... Looks like you're having a good time. Makes me wish that we were leaving sooner than April 1.
ReplyDeleteWe find that April is too late for us. We're having a great time and weather is also good. Today 25.
Delete