Some people had been having problems posting comments on our blog. To post a comment, choose “No Comment” at the bottom left of the page. This will open a text box. You can proceed to type in your comment in this box and once you are done, select “Publish” to post it.

Alicante - First full day - February 24




Today we spent the day getting our bearings. With the apartment being the size, it is I had racked 2200 steps before we headed out. I did 2 loads of laundry and unpacked what little clothes that we had left that was clean. I still need to do at least 2 more loads before everything is washed. The washing machines in Europe are not big. I enjoyed opening the window and hanging the clothes on the little lines that were outside in the square opening. I even managed not to drop any. Unfortunately, even though it was a nice sunny day of 20 degrees, the clothes did not dry well. I ended up putting them on a rack in the living room to finish drying.

About 95 percent of the stores and restaurants were closed today being Sunday so we didn't see much, but we found a take away place almost next door that is open only on weekends. We ordered half a chicken with potatoes for 4.50 and the vegetables that tasted like ratatouille I don't know what they call it here for 3.00 euros. A very good meal for 7.50 euros. I don't think that we could have made it for that price.  Next weekend he will have paella, if I understood correctly.

During our walkabout, we heard a whole lot of noise. It was a parade announcing that lent is coming soon. Some were dressed in gowns that seemed to be made of potato sac material. Interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment