Well things are looking up, we were finally able to connect with
the cleaning lady. She had understood that we wanted to be there when she came,
and we had understood that we didn’t have to be there, so we went out, so she
could do her work without us in the way. Apparently, she waited for over an
hour in the stairwell before going home. When we arrived obviously the
apartment had not been cleaned. I called but with the language barrier it is
not that obvious. I received a message from the owner wanting to know how we
wanted it done. She came today, and the apartment is now spick and span (well
at least for a day or 2).
Today it was very cold when we got up. It was actually warmer in
Dieppe than here. Fortunately, that changed during the day when the temperature
went up to 16. The next few days we are getting a cold spell with highs about
14.
I think that my Spanish is getting better. I’m amazed at the
patience people have when they listen to me struggling to get my words out.
They must think that I’m missing a few marbles. But most of the time they
eventually figure out what it is that I’m trying to say and then they start
speaking 100 miles a minute and I have to tell them to slow down.
Today we went to a tourist bureau that had information for
villages outside of Valencia. We couldn’t find it. At one point I had 2 ladies
with their phones searching for the place I wanted to go to. We had passed
about 75 yards from there a half hour before.
![]() |
Palace of the Marqués de Dos Aguas |

No comments:
Post a Comment