Some people had been having problems posting comments on our blog. To post a comment, choose “No Comment” at the bottom left of the page. This will open a text box. You can proceed to type in your comment in this box and once you are done, select “Publish” to post it.

March 14, 2017 - my own personal shopper for a day



People sometimes ask me what do you get out of geocaching. Well on today geocaching gave me my own professional shopper for the day. This lady is the queen of shopping. We started out at a place called Last Chance by Nordstrom. It was like a glorified Frenchy’s, everything was on hangers, divided by categories, sleeveless, short sleeves and long sleeves for the tops and so on but also divided by sizes. All you had to do was go to what you were looking for and look for your size. There were people everywhere shopping and the line-up for the fitting rooms were 20 minutes long and that is only if you were willing to share a fitting room with 2 other people.

We then proceeded to a store called Turnstile, then Your Sister’s Closet. Everything there was also divided the same way. After lunch with the men, we went to a few other places, I can’t remember the name but something resembling Animal shelter and we finished off at a Goodwill, where they had the added bonus of being divided by colors as well as category and size. Anyway, when we came in the stores, by the time I had figured out which way to go my personal shopper already had quite a few articles on her arm my size waiting for me to try on. She knew all the brands, which were high end, and which were average etc. LĂ©onice, you and Aurore would have thought that you had died and gone to heaven.

All that being said while Jacques and Steve found 46 caches, I with the help of Judi found about 15 pieces of clothing, pants, tops, slippers including 3 pieces for Bianca. The cost about 100$. Most importantly without geocaching we would never have met these amazing people.

Saguaro Cactus

Apart for the shopping we have been a bit lazy. The weather is in the 30’s but it’s a lot more comfortable than 30 home. So far, I haven’t seen any snakes or spiders.

From time to time I check Skype but haven’t seen anybody connected. With 4 hours difference your having lunch when I’m having breakfast and supper when I’m eating lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment