Some people had been having problems posting comments on our blog. To post a comment, choose “No Comment” at the bottom left of the page. This will open a text box. You can proceed to type in your comment in this box and once you are done, select “Publish” to post it.

April 2 - Abufeira - One Last Day


Well, we only have one more day left before we move on to Porto.  We have seen practically everything we wanted to see and more. We have walked so much that all the backing inside my almost new sneakers is now an empty hole. Because of all the geocaching that we did I am convinced that we have seen parts of the Algave that many people who come here very year never see. I asked some people from Dieppe who come very year what they did to pass the time and they said they wander around the square and sit and have a drink while watching the people go by. I would be quickly bored doing that.


Interesting statement
Wednesday, we leave for the train station at 6:30. We should arrive in Porto around 1:00 so we should have some time to explore a bit. We want to take a day cruise on the Douro River, but we have not booked yet. We decided to wait until we get to Porto in order to make sure we have nice weather. It is a full day cruise and at the end of the cruise you take the train back to Porto.

The last load of laundry for this trip is done. The rest can wait until we get home and I have a real clothes line. We have a small balcony off the kitchen that has 5 short lines for the clothes. It has the sun in the morning but being on the inside courtyard and with 3 walls, there is not much wind.

I don't know if I'll have time to write while in Porto or not, but we'll be home in less than a week.